Australia really is a lucky country when it comes to our beaches; we have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Most of us have some great memories being a kid and playing at the beach. As adults many of us still enjoy going to the beach, there is so much to do there, swim, sunbake, play sports, surf, walk, BBQ, etc...
According to travel website Tripadvisor.com.au, the top 10 beaches in Australia are:
1. 1. Whitehaven beach, Whitsundays QLD
2. 2. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, WA
3. 3. Cable Beach, Broome, WA
4. 4. Shelly Beach, Sydney, NSW
5. 5. Burleigh Heads Beach, Burleigh Heads, QLD
6. 6. Four Mile Beach, Port Douglas, QLD
7. 7. Manley Beach, Sydney, NSW
8. 8. Cottesloe Beach, Perth, WA
9. 9. Noosa Main Beach, Noosa, QLD
10. 10. Coolangatta Beach, Coolangatta, QLD
From this list there is a big domination from Queensland and Western Australia, though there are also some less known beaches in other places that are some of the best, like Wine Glass Bay in Tasmania and Hyams Beach in New South Wales, which has the whitest sand in the world.
So our question is: what is your favourite beach? Why? And tell us some of the best memories you have from days at the beach?